Numerous travel routes
Easily accessible to and from a number of Tanzania’s major cities and tourist destinations. Below are a few details on the arrangements you can make when you arrive to some of these cities.
Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +255 768 811 551 so we can arrange a private taxi for you.
All public transport from cities within Tanzania will bring you to Tanga, which is the closest major town.
To reach Capricorn Beach cottages from Tanga
- Take the public bus (dala dala). There are several daily services from Tanga’s bus stand.
- Take the bus to Pangani and tell the driver that you would like to drop off at Capricorn Beach Cottages, just before Kigombe village. This takes around an hour.
- Take a taxi, which costs approximately Tsh 60,000. The taxi stand is across the road from the bus stand. Or give us a call, we can arrange the taxi for you. This journey take around 45 minutes.
Dar es Saalam
- Travelling by road, take the public bus. Ratco or Tahmeed have good buses. Both have regular daily service from Dar es Saalam to Tanga. This journey takes around 6 hours.
- Travelling by air – There are daily flights from Dar es Saalam to Tanga with Coastal Aviation and Auric Air. This journey takes around an hour.
Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha
- Travelling by road, take the public bus. Ratco or Tahmeed have good buses. Both have 2 buses per day. This journey takes about 8 hours.
- Travelling by air – There is 1 flight daily with Coastal Aviation which starts at Arusha Municipal Airport and also stops at Kilimanjaro International Airport. This journey takes about 1 1/2 hours.
Zanzibar or Pemba
- Travelling by air – Most flights from Dar es Saalam stop in Zanzibar and Pemba on the way to Tanga. This journey takes around 40 minutes.
- There are no direct flights from Ukunda to Tanga. The best way to make this jourey is to take a bus service, which is regular, from Mombasa stops in Diani on the main road to Tanga. This journey takes around 4 hours.